- Cookies We Use
- Your Consent
Introduction to Cookies
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
The cookies used on gill.co.uk, gillusa.com and gillmeteo.es are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories:
- Strictly Necessary
Strictly Necessary Cookies
'Strictly Necessary' cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like the online enquiry form and secure areas. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to...
- Allow the information 'CAPTCHA' feature on the product enquiry forms to function, allowing you to send us an enquiry.
Cookies we have defined as 'Strictly Necessary' cookies will NOT be used to...
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
We use 'performance' cookies to collect information about how you use the website, for example which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you personally. The information collected is used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use performance cookies to...
- Produce statistics on how our website is used, visitor demographics and reach (typically including your location details).
- Monitor the effectiveness of our online and offline advertising (we don't use this information to target adverts to you)
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our website
We will not use these cookies to...
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed by third parties, but we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
'Targeting' cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use 'Targeting' cookies to...
- Link to social networks like Facebook and LinkedIn, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
These cookies are managed by third parties, and you may be able to use the third parties' own tools to prevent these cookies.
Using our site indicates that you accept the use of these cookies.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can't guarantee your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit. If you would still prefer to use the site with cookies disabled you can do so by changing your browser settings.
Information about cookies
All you'll ever need to know about cookies: www.allaboutcookies.org
Internet Advertising Bureau
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy: www.youronlinechoices.eu
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information about the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide: www.international-chamber.co.uk/our-expertise/digitaleconomy