Intrinsically Safe Anemometer for Hazardous Areas
The WindObserverIS is an Intrinsically Safe anemometer, developed specifically for use in hazardous areas and in particular for offshore applications.
The system combines the latest development in technology with Gill's considerable expertise in the production of solid state anemometers. The Intrinsically Safe WindObserver is a lightweight, robust unit, completely sealed and constructed in stainless steel.
With a low start-up speed (0.01 m/s) and no moving parts, the WindObserverIS Intrinsically Safe anemometer exhibits significant benefits over standard three cup anemometers. This Intrinsically Safe anemometer has Atex and IECeX certification to ensure the wind system may be deployed on a worldwide basis without the need for expensive local certification.
Customer selectable vector rolling average and 3 second gust in accordance with WMO - No. 8 Seventh Edition 2008 ISBN 978-92-63-10008-5.
Wind speed and direction data is provided via a RS422 or RS232 bi-directional link and the output may be configured by the user to provide a variety of communication formats, including a choice of units of measure and averaging periods. Sophisticated error checking and a fault reporting system are supplied as standard, ensuring the user's confidence in the reported data.
- Key Features
- Part Numbers
- ATEX and IECEx certification
- Reduce offshore maintenance costs
- Low voltage or mains voltage
- Power supplies
- 0-75 m/s wind speed operation
- Galvanic isolation
- Over 10 years proven service worldwide
- Gill or NMEA digital output
- Factory calibrated for life
RS422 from anemometer
2) 200VAC - 250VAC, 10VA
EN60945:2002 Clause 9 & 10
EN 61000-6-1:2007 Immunity
Ex iaD IIIC T135ºC Da IP66
(Ta = -30ºC to +70ºC)
[Ex iaD Da] IIIC
(Ta = -30ºC to +60ºC)
- IECEx Certificate of Conformity SIR 13.0156 Issue 2
- IECEx Certificate of Conformity SIR 13.0159 Issue 2
- IECEx Certificate of Conformity SIR 15.0013 Issue 1
- Sira EU Type Examination Certificate 00ATEX 2217 Issue 9
- Sira EU Type Examination Certificate 13ATEX 2384 Issue 2
- Sira EU Type Examination Certificate 15ATEX 2014 Issue 1
(No PCI or LVPCI)